In today’s rapidly changing world, learning to lead and design our communities and organizations to ride the turbulence creatively is critical to our ability to make a positive impact. This course covers the subject of evolutionary change, and the implications for us as individual leaders, as well as for our organizational cultures and structures. It combines intellectual rigor with personal challenge, collaboration with creative expression. Students engage with integrative maps of organizational and leadership development, as well as instantly applicable practices for becoming more effective and dynamic as individuals and collectives. Some of the main subjects covered include: Transformation and Change, The Learning Organization, Levels of Leadership Development, Practices for Transformational Leadership, Creating an Agile Organization and more.
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course students should be able to:
- Express clearly the nature of evolutionary change as compared to other types of change.
- Reflect constructively on their own and others’ leadership capacity and improve their leadership capacity by taking concrete steps.
- Analyze and describe an organization in terms of its level of development and agility.
- Choose appropriate implementation tools for large-scale collaboration.
- Design a strategy for enhancing the quality of leadership and governance in an organization.